Missing/Inaccurate Wage Statement Information

California law requires employers to include certain information on the wage statements they issue to their employees. Among other things, wage statements must state the name of the employer, gross wages earned during the pay period, all deductions being made, e.g., for payroll taxes, and the net amount of wages earned for that pay period. In addition, for non-exempt, i.e. hourly, employees wage statements must also provide the number of hours worked during that pay period, the hourly rate of pay, the number of overtime hours worked during that pay period, and the overtime rate of pay. Finally, for any employees paid on a piece-rate unit basis, the number of units earned during that pay period must also be included in the wage statement.

How Our Employment Attorneys Help You

If an employer fails to include the above information in their wage statements, an employee is due a statutory penalty. This penalty is also owed to the employee if the information contained in the wage statement is inaccurate, for example, because the employer has forced the employee to work off-the-clock and therefore has failed to record all hours worked.

KLF's employment attorneys work with you to determine whether you qualify to receive a penalty payment. And, if so, we negotiate on your behalf and file a lawsuit as necessary. If we find that your employer also has violated the rights of your coworkers, we may be able to help them, too.

Contact us regardless of whether or not you are confident that your employer broke the law. We are here to help you make that determination. Based in Glendale, we represent employees in the Los Angeles area and throughout California. All consultations are free and confidential.

Talk to an Attorney About Missing or Inaccurate Wage Statement Information

If you would like to discuss whether the wage statements your employer has issued complies with California law, we encourage you to get in touch by emailing armand@kizirianlaw.com or calling the firm at (818) 221-2800.